Friday, June 5, 2009

MapQuest sucks.

Yesterday my co-worker Lori and I were going to my boss's retirement party after work. We had seemingly simple directions, courtesy of MapQuest. The drive should've taken us about 15-20 minutes in the afternoon traffic.

(Note: I said should have.)

First off, MapQuest wanted us to go the most difficult way possible to get part-way there. All we needed to do was to take the nearby highway south a couple miles. But they had us driving all over hell and high water. Once we get about half there, MapQuest wanted us to turn onto a road that actually does not meet up with the other road we were on. After an hour and a half of driving all over the entire city, on both sides of the state line, multiple phone calls to people getting directions and street names, stopping two people on the side of the road, and using up a quarter tank of gas, we finally made it.

By the time we get there, we only had time for 1 quick glass of wine just as the speeches started, and we got just the last few bites of food that were left. We were there just over an hour. We actually spent less time there than it took us to find the damned place.

The ironic part is that once we left the country club, we drove by the corner where we had originally stopped to ask a mail lady for directions. We were maybe a mile away. *ARGHH!*

The only upside to this story is... I now have a new saying.
"I wasn't lost, I actually knew right where I was. It just took me a while to get where I was trying to go from where I was."

So, I am no longer using MapQuest. They suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment