Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another to-do list...

I can be a bit obsessive when I get something in my head. Now depending on what it is and the timing, this can either be a good thing or a not-so-good thing. Reading has always been a huge obsession with me. Once I start reading a book, I physically cannot put it down. It is like a horrible addiction to me. Even if it's a bad story, it doesn't matter. It disrupts my entire normal life until the story is over. (This got me into quite a bit of trouble in school actually, b/c I'd be reading all the time during class, in the halls, etc.) I always try to start a book when I know I don't have anything else that needs to be finished anytime soon, or when I'm completely alone so I'm not rude to anyone else.

Case in point... I had sooo many people telling me I should read the Twilight series. I put it off for months b/c I did not want to get into another 'project' if you will. Well, Monday I broke down and got the first book. (I already had the 2nd one thanks to a Christmas gift debacle.) I started reading the first one after dinner on Monday night, and by 11:30 am on Wednesday I was finished with book #2. I read in bed late at night, I read while I was on the bus into work, I read on my lunch breaks, I read every spare second I could get. Now I'm freaking out because I have to go to the library on my lunch break and see about the next 2 books. *sigh*

Now that I've fallen off the non-reading wagon, I'm in deap for a while. Here's my current and ever-changing list of things I'd like to read... (and of course I'm always open to more suggestions...)

- Eclipse, Stephenie Meyer
- Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer
- the Sookie Stackhouse series, Charlaine Harris
- The Stalking Horse, Miriam Grace Manfredo (I know she has others that are good too...)
- The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold (I need to re-read before the movie comes out this summer)
- The Host, Stephenie Meyer

It seems I have a theme to the books that are catching my attention lately.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Bones was a good one. Don't know that I'd be able to go see a movie about it though...I cried enough during the book!

    I'm dying to read the Twilight books too...but like you, I have to do it when I can devote my every waking minute to doing so. I hate to put books down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I know! I don't know how they can possibly make a movie as good as the book! Guess we'll see soon enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also purposefully avoiding the Twilight series. But I've had a couple books that have kept me up late reading. "When Crickets Cry" and "Wrapped in Rain" by Charles Martin. He has several other books that I haven't read, but assume they will also be good.

    Oh, and if you want a different 'theme', check out author Peter Mayle. (Anything Considered, Chasing Cezzane, A Good Year) It's okay if you don't get into his books, but I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check them out! Thanks Sarah

    ReplyDelete